Friday, March 2, 2012

E-Ticket Shirt Design

Because I used the 1970s WDW ticket books as inspiration for the new layout, I thought it would be fun to make a quick shirt design based on the E-Ticket. The E-Ticket coupon could be used to experience  the Magic Kingdom's most popular attractions. Jungle Cruise, "it's a small world", 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, The Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, and Country Bear Jamboree were considered "E-Ticket Attractions" back then.


The shirt design is simple and faithful to the original ticket books. It's re-designed into vectors so it could be applied on a wide range of mediums. The "E" is a royal purple color and the background is a light green like on the ticket. I added a distressed layer to give it the vintage feel.


Who knows? I might make this into an actual tee for me to wear on my next trip. I'm a sucker for the old imagery of the Magic Kingdom so it'd be nice to have a shirt celebrating it!