Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy 40th Anniversary, Walt Disney World

Welcome to Mouseology's very FIRST design post! And it's only fitting the inaugural post should celebrate something momentous.

Today marks the 40th Anniversary of the day the Magic Kingdom park opened its doors to vacationers around the world. Since then, Walt Disney World has provided 40 years of happiness to kids and adults alike, and has defined what family vacationing is all about.

This year to celebrate Walt Disney World's 40th, I decided to create a commemorative poster. There are 300 different vintage photos in the design, found from Yesterland, Gorillas Don't Blog, and Imagineering Disney. I also threw in a few of my own to give it a personal touch:



I tried to make it as simple yet dramatic as I could. I would love to actually have this printed out and hung in my apartment someday. That's all for now, folks. Check back often for more designs.

Happy 40th, WDW!